Saturday, June 23, 2012

To Save A Life

It is important to remember in my endeavor what I am doing it all for.  It was tough last week's practice because I got very little sleep and did not fuel myself properly the night before.  (Too much heavy foods = dumb)  And oh yeah, we had to run for an hour.  The variables were definitely against me, but during our information/discussion time I was reminded of what this all really means.

I have talked about the drug that Leukemia and Lymphoma Society help funded.  We were breaking down what that really means this week because one of the participants brought it up.  Tens of thousands of people our living full lives now because of this drug, that they would should have been dead in 6 months to a year.  We looked at the cost and how many that is and then averaged that $3,000 raised saves a person's life!!  It totally hit my like a brick.  By fundraising that amount, I am potentially saving a person's life!  The pain and exhaustion while running seems mute at this point because I am just blown away.

If everyone I know donates just a bit, then the money raised can be used to LITERALLY save a person's life.  *chills*  Please donate! http://pages.teamintraining.org/los/nikesf12/hleppert

After the run, a long running (pun intended) tradition is to get breakfast together.  The place they go to is called Hoff's Hut.  I have seen these around, but never tried them.  First, it is pretty fantastic.  Second, the company made it the best. 

It is such a blessing to get to know my team.  They are a amazing, friendly, caring people. It was also neat to meet one of our coaches 7-month-old little girl.  I am kicking myself now because I did not take a picture of this very beautiful smiley baby.  It would have warmed your heart so much you would feel compelled to donate.  Anyway, we were becoming fast friends! I hope she becomes a regular. Haha.

All and all a great day!

Also, random accidental shot of my jersey...



Plus, afterwards it was such a beautiful day that I got my car washed...


No comments:

Post a Comment