Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Seconds and Thirds

Well...it happened!  The second week I could not make practice.  I am not sure what happened, but the lack of sleep I got and distance to where we practice joined forces and created a terrible effect on my ability to make it to the second practice.  What this means?  Loss of a run, but more importantly a shoe clinic.  I know what shoes I like, but they usually give killer deals!  Lesson learned: Sleep better. (Easier typed than done)

After the second week no show, I was determined to not do so again.  The third Saturday's practice took place at the same park and was good and bad.  Going back to the mental fights of going around and around was the bad, but the good was more bountiful.  First, my sleeping habits the night before were much better.  Second, the run itself felt good.  Third, I met another 3:1 runner and so more people to learn about on this journey. 

The fourth is the best part of this lesson.  It involved a clinic on moves/stretches that help in preventing different running injuries.  The delivery with this particular clinic was sometimes hard to follow, but the content was extremely useful.  The exercises looked like they could potentially help me greatly.  Once I start getting a hang of the moves, I will post pics.

The last thing we did was we were given an opportunity to decorate our shirts.  The theme is Disney because of the many people doing the Disneyland endurance event.  My talent does not stem very far from lets say being able to draw a heart, so I wrote my name.  However, I do know many artistic friends to send my shirt to and one in particular would be perfect because she can do Disney characters well.  If I can convince her, then I will also post pictures of a nicely decorated shirt!

My name... (There is more than one Heather)


Proof of my skills is that I cannot even do my name very well!

No comments:

Post a Comment